Illuminate, Embrace, Radiate
Connect with your desired state of being; lean into your strengths as you illuminate your path forward. The light is within you – shine brightly!
Join us for a week of wellness, intention, and connection. Immerse yourself in the quaint little surf & yoga town of Dominical in the Osa, Costa Rica; just steps to the South Pacific Ocean at the private eco-retreat center, Danyasa.
The Summer Solstice, being mid-way through the year and the day that offers the most sunlight, is the perfect opportunity to reflect on your goals, your heart’s desires, and your desired state of being.
Through daily practices, including meditation, yoga, workshops, ceremonies, guided imagery and coaching we will salute the sun, identify goals, celebrate growth, and illuminate the path forward.
Key Takeaways: Immersion in health & wellness lifestyle, including practices & nutrition | Clarity around goals | Gifts and awareness to take home with you
- Private online coaching session/meeting with host Lori Dye prior to retreat & unlimited WhatsApp communication to have questions answered from now, during travel and during and throughout the week of the retreat
- Ground transportation from SJO International Airport to Danyasa on 6/18/23 and back to SJO on day 6/24/23
- 6 nights / 7 days at the beautiful Danyasa Eco-Retreat Center in Dominical, Osa, Costa Rica
- 3 daily delicious locally sourced farm-to-table plant-based meals, with separately prepared lacto-ovo breakfast options available
- Filtered water, coffee, tea all day, each day
- Daily meditation
- Daily yoga asana; 1 or more daily classes
- Daily workshops (breathwork, goals, vision creativity, chakras)
- Natural waterfall hike / excursion
- Group health & wellness coaching
- Summer Solstice celebration
- Guided Imagery session
- Ceremonies (cacao, sound immersion, fire celebration)
- Air-conditioned rooms with 1500 thread count sheets, private balcony, daily housekeeping, natural soap, shampoo & conditioner, pool towels, and a safe in each room.
What’s not included: Everything else (e.g., transportation to SJO, Danyasa’s additional services, travel insurance, additional excursions, etc.). Arrangements for extra excursions and body work during leisure time available at an at additional charge through Danyasa.
Day-by-day agenda (subject to change)
Day 1: Gratitude (rising)
- Arrive at SJO International airport by 11am, where you will be met by our ground transportation driver at noon to bring you through the beautiful countryside to Danyasa Eco-Retreat Center.
- Meet & greet by the pool
- Gratitude gathering discussion
Day 2: Breath
- Kriyas & pranayama workshop
- Leisure time to spend at the mermaid pool, beach, strolling through town, surfing, or however you choose (body work & extra excursions may be arranged for an additional cost)
- Sunset Yoga
- Group Guided Imagery / Hypnosis
Day 3: Elements
- Waterfall hike excursion (packed lunch included)
- Cacao Ceremony
- Leisure time
Day 4: The Sun
- 108 Sun Salutation Practice on the beach at Solstice (location weather-dependent)
- Group coaching workshop with focus on personal strengths & goals
- Solstice Fire Celebration
Day 5: Vision
- Vision Creativity Workshop
- Leisure time
- Candlelit Yin
Day 6: Sound
- Leisure Time
- Chakra / Bija Mantra Workshop
- Sound Immersion Ceremony
Day 7: Departure (setting)
- Group Breakfast
- Farewell Hugs & Photos
- Depart Danyasa around 9am, arrive at SJO before or around 1:30pm to catch your 3:30pm or later flight home
Danyasa Yoga Retreat & Eco Lodge offers world-class accommodation and movement arts experiences in a unique and exceptional setting. Nestled in the verdant and resplendent natural beauty of Costa Rica’s Southern Pacific Coast, it’s your home for retreats, classes and teacher trainings in yoga and other movement arts, as well as a hub for surfing, adventure, exploration and relaxation. Imagine yourself sitting beneath a majestic waterfall, exploring the rainforest, diving under the warm waves, practicing yoga in the beautiful Bamboo Yoga Play studio and staying in the eco-chic container rooms. TripAdvisor ratings place Danyasa in the top-ranked 10% of hotels in the world.
Grounds & Facilities
Air-conditioned rooms with 1500 thread count sheets, private balcony, daily housekeeping, outdoor showers/bathrooms (most rooms), natural soap, shampoo & conditioner, pool towels, and a safe in each room
Locally sourced, farm-to-table plant-based meals (separately prepared lacto-ovo breakfast options available)
Village of Islands Yoga founder Lori Dye E-RYT, YACEP, is originally from Ottawa, Canada. She has traveled and taught yoga all over the U.S, in Canada, and Costa Rica, and now calls northern New York her home. She has been practicing yoga for over 30 years and it is truly her way of being. Her love of yoga lies in the magic of the breath, the harmony of internal peace & joy and the physical benefits of daily practice; this love emanates through her teaching.
Since completing her first 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training program 2015, Lori has taught over 3000 hours of group classes, private sessions, workshops, retreats, and guided imagery sessions. In 2021, she completed a second 200 hour YTT with special focus on Ayurveda. In addition to practicing and teaching yoga, Lori is a National Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC), Hypnotherapist and teaches Life Coaching, Modern Spirituality, Intuitive Coaching, Health and Wellness Coaching and Meditation courses online at The Southwest Institute of Healing Arts. She recently co-hosted a beautiful retreat in Costa Rica in August, 2022.
Lori is known for her warm and inviting teaching style. She engages and challenges students to practice mindfulness, connect with breath-guided movement and listen to their bodies. She enjoys bringing stillness and movement together with breath on the mat and offers modifications to make yoga accessible to all. She currently offers in-person classes and retreats as well as live-streaming and on-demand classes and sessions.
Kind words from prior retreat attendees, students and peers
Book today!1 spot left!
Low availability1 room left!
This OptionSold Out
This OptionSold Out
*All purchases are non-refundable. At the time of this retreat planning, the government of Costa Rica does not require travel insurance for entry; however, it is encouraged to consider travel insurance in light of the non-refundable policy.